New Home Inspection
New Home Quality Inspection
New Home Quality Inspection – Make sure you hold the builder accountable and make sure you get a comprehensive punch-list. Your new home is a giant jigsaw puzzle, made of thousands of components, then meticulously assembled on your lot by teams of other contractors, commonly known as sub-contractors.
Each team of sub-contractors completes a portion of your home’s construction, then hands off your home and the next phase to the next team of sub-contractors. A New Home Quality Inspection is crucial to make sure the builder did their job.
To organize all of this, your builder will typically act as a general contractor and coordinate all of the specialized trade contractors like Custom Decks builders for example, who construct your home. The problem with all this mess is that very few production home builders in this market have virtually no quality control measures or standards. You are therefore at the mercy of the builder with a huge asset.
Scheduling each step in your home’s construction is both an art and a science – and each crew depends on contractors prior to their work. Your builder will set a timeline in place and monitor construction throughout.
In addition to scheduling and monitoring each team of specialized trade contractors, many builders provide home-buyers with one or more interim inspections during the building process. Unfortunately, most home buyers have no idea what to look for, period. That is where Plano Texas Handyman can give you some peace of mind. Plano Texas Handyman provides a 265 point quality control inspection. Call us at 214-507-3415 or visit our website for all our capabilities.
There are two (2) types of home inspections:
1. One from a TREC (Texas Real Estate Commission) inspection. This type of inspection is essentially worthless in a brand new home. These inspectors are testing the mechanical ability of brand new components. You would not take a brand new car to a mechanic for an opinion, why would you have a TREC inspector look at a new home? Its a waste of money. We DO NOT offer this service
2. The second is a New Home Quality Inspection from Plano Texas Handyman. We measure the overall quality controls (or lack thereof) on how the home is measured to a quality standard.
No matter how skilled each crew is, how diligent the builder, or how thorough the interim inspections are, anything with so many components made by hand by human beings will have items that need attention at the end. That is why your New Home Quality Inspection is so important. Typically scheduled after a specific construction phase is complete – before you close and take ownership of your home – this inspection is an important opportunity.
How does our service work:
We offer three (3) primary inspection:
- Framing Inspection – After the home is framed, dried in, rough electrical and plumbing, doors, and windows, before insulation and drywall. We do a thorough 50 point walkthrough checking the stairs, framing members, building structure, electrical compliance.
- Insulation Inspection – Before drywall installation to ensure that all gaps and penetrations affecting the envelope are addressed and closed for a tight weather-tight seal.
- Final Inspection – This is where the rubber meets the road. This is an extensive 225 point inspection. We inspect a vast array of items that will save both you and the builder a lot of time and money.
- Exterior quality inspection, paint, roofing, doors and windows
- Room by room inspection report
- Cabinetry, countertops, fastening, adjustment, alignment
- Walls, texture, paint, tile, grout
- Interior trim, baseboard, casing, crown mold
- Floors, grouting, sealing, quality
- Sinks, drain, valve operation, laundry rooms
- Hardware operation, towel bars, hinges, bathrooms
- Interior plumbing, toilets, tubs, drains, laundry
- Window operations
- Doors and weatherstripping
- Technology, media rooms, Cat5/6 wiring, video
- Lights, ventilation, outlets and switches, GFCI’s
- Panel board, Smoke and Carbon monoxide
- Plus any other item you want inspected, including radon testing
If there’s plenty of mosquitoes on your property, pest control experts like Skeeter Dave can help. As a buyer, you and your builder will typically walk your new home together and mark items needing attention. To deliver as problem-free a house as possible, some builders perform their own final inspection before the customer walk through, so blemishes, scratches and dents can be repaired before the buyer ever lays eyes on them. Others may hire outside service providers such as Nashville Radon Mitigation for more niche requirements to ensure the safety of the home. The end result is a home that you can trust to be as safe as possible.
On the other hand, I have also been looking into buying property in Spain due to the very low prices and amazing climate, there really is nowhere better for a holiday home. Try to have a look at this guide to buying property in Marbella Spain as you can see there just how good it is.
Plano Texas Handyman offers a comprehensive Inspection. Call us at 214-507-3415 or visit our website for all our capabilities. Please Note: We DO NOT offer TREC home inspections. This is a quality control inspection to make sure your home is complete to specifications.