Electric car charging station for Home – Below is a list of the most common wiring apparatus for Tesla Home Charging Stations. Visit our website for more information. Listed below are the most common devices for Tesla Home charging.
Mobile Connector – The Mobile Connector is included as standard equipment with a new Tesla. It’s a compact bundle that can charge your car from different outlets at medium to low speeds. We recommend installing a Wall Connector at home and leaving the Tesla Mobile Connector in the trunk of the car as a backup option while traveling. When installed with a 240 volt 50 amp breaker will produce (Miles of range per hour of charge) for the Model 3 of 30 MPH, the Model S of 23 MPH, and the Model X of 20 MPH. DO NOT even consider 120 volt service as it will not produce desired results. Electric car charging station for Home
This bundle includes:
- Mobile Connector (20 feet)
- Adapter for standard 120 volt household outlets (NEMA 5-15)
- Adapter for 240 volt outlet (NEMA 14-50)
- Cable organizing bag
- Adapter for public charging stations (SAE J1772)
Wall Connector – A Tesla Wall Connector is the most convenient way to charge at your home or office, with the fastest charge speeds. Simply plug in overnight and wake up to a full charge, every morning. For electric safety checks and emergency callouts relating to your EV charging station (or even your home’s electrics in general), you could consider services from the likes of Home-Pro Electric to come and help you address whatever problems you have.
To purchase a Wall Connector, visit the Tesla online store.
- Customizable power levels, allowing installation with any circuit breaker ranging from 15 to 100 amps
- Compatible with 208-250 volt power supplies
- As many as four Wall Connectors can share available power, perfect for owners with more than one Tesla or commercial installations
- Mounted to a wall or post, the Wall Connector can be installed both indoors and outdoors
- 48 month warranty
Each Tesla has different charging capabilities depending on its onboard charger. The table below shows circuit breaker rating for the fastest home charging speeds. Learn more about the onboard charger capabilities of different Tesla cars. For all trims not listed, open the charging menu from the charge icon on your touchscreen to view your maximum charge rate. Electric car charging station for Home
Please refer to Tesla Support for specific details on the Tesla Home Charging Station wall connector. Visit our website for more information. Listed below are the most common devices for Tesla Home charging.