You can Google the Cost to Convert to a Smart Home and come up with a plethora of results sine smart home technology is one of the hottest topics for today’s homes. Most of the results you would get from the search are not really what you are looking for so we have taken the liberty to provide some realistic numbers. Plano Texas Handyman and Monarc Technology is your premier provider of smart home technology, call us today for information at 214-507-3415 or visit our website for more details. Cost to Convert to a Smart Home
Some primary items to consider when considering smart home technology.
- Don’t be mislead, most any home can incorporate smart home technology to control lights, plugs doors, irrigation, and a plethora of sensors and security devices.
- So what do you really want to accomplish in your smart home? Think about normal everyday electrical apparatuses lights lights, lamps, garage doors, entry doors, thermostats and security, we can convert these to smart home technology. Monarc Technology provides you with an extensive list of smart home devices and smart home platforms.
- Third, you need to consider the importance of controlling your devices under one “app” platforms or for a more versatile application, you can use multiple “apps”.
What is driving this expanding interest in smart homes? Across the board, and across the generations, security and convenience are of primary interest. Security is exemplified by devices like smart door locks, smart video cameras and doorbells, and smart lighting. And convenience is added to security when these devices can be controlled remotely from mobile devices.
A basic smart home system which includes front door lock, garage door opener, master bedroom ceiling fan, 3 to 4 primary lights, and two (2) thermostats Will run you about $1000, material and installation costs.
And just as with kitchens and baths, the ability to increase a home’s value is another reason why smart security is catching the eyes of a wide range of home buyers. According to the NAHB and the Consumer Electronics Association (CEA), installing smart home technology can increase the final closing price of a home by 3% to 5%. And a 2017 Coldwell Banker survey found that 72% of Millennials are willing to pay $1,500 or more, and 44% are willing to pay $3,000 or more to make their home smart. Cost to Convert to a Smart Home
Consider this, if you can spend $3,000 or more to have a smart home, then you can have a robust and really nice system that incorporates a lot of technology. So what do you get for about $3,000:
- Whole house WiFi – you need a whole house WiFi system which includes a super-fast router with 2 mexh points.
- A 1000Mbps Plug and Play Ethernet Switch that allows easy installations of new electrical apparatuses.
- Twist and mount Cat6 patch panel
- Up to five (5) wireless light switches
- Two (2) wireless plugs
- Smart door lock
- Master bedroom ceiling fan control
- Smart HD camera
- Smart sprinkler system controller.
- Single “app” for controlled environment and sequencing of all functions in groups.
Let Plano Texas Handyman or Monarc Technology help you design smart home. Cost to Convert to a Smart Home. Plano Texas Handyman and Monarc Technology is your premier provider of smart home technology, call us today for information at 214-507-3415 or visit our website for more details. Cost to Convert to a Smart Home